Please note these Terms and Conditions of Sale were reviewed and updated on 12 April 2013.
Please read through the following Terms and Conditions of Sale ("Terms") carefully. These comprise the basis on which the customer (“you”) are permitted to purchase one or more Courses (“Course”) from the Love to Learn website (the "Website") owned by Pearson Education Limited, with offices at 80 Strand, London, WC2R 0RL ("us", also referred to here as "we"). If you purchase any Course on this Website, you signify that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these Terms:
Formation of contract of sale
- If you wish to purchase a Course from this Website, you must complete the registration form, which requires you to enter your name, home address and email address and provide full payment in accordance with these Terms.
- The sale and purchase of Courses via this Website or applicable gift cards will be governed by a contract between you and us (the “Contract”) made up of these Terms (as amended from time to time).
- We reserve the right to change these Terms at our sole discretion. If we do this, we will post changes to these Terms on this page and will indicate at the top of this page the date these Terms were last revised. It is your responsibility to ensure, from time to time, that you are aware of any such changes. Changes will become effective 24 hours after first posting and you will be deemed to have accepted any change if you continue to shop on the Website after that time.
- The price of each Course shall be the price Course quoted on this Website on the date you place your order, subject to any inadvertent pricing errors (whether technical or otherwise) by us, unless a special promotional price or other discounts are stated on the Website in respect of a Course.
- Although we try to ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of a Course you have purchased we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel you will receive a full refund.
- Where a variety of discounts apply (though promotional offers and/or personal discounts available to you) only one discount can be used against each Course. The Website will automatically apply the most advantageous discount to you, provided you enter all discounts to which you are entitled on the order form.
- You have the choice between prices in Pounds sterling or in US Dollars.
- The price of a Course is inclusive of all applicable sales taxes.
- We reserve the right to revise the price of any items on this Website without notice. We also reserve the right to refuse to sell to you for whatever reason.
- The price of a course purchased via a Gift Card should be the same as on the Website, unless stated differently.
Purchasing and payment terms
- Payments shall be made by credit card or debit card on the date on which we accept your order.
- The credit cards and debit cards that we will accept are those listed on this Website on the date on which we accept your order.
- You may purchase the Course for yourself or for someone else eg. as a gift. We will email you once you have successfully purchased a Course with a confirmation and an access key. To gain access to the Course, you must click on the access key. You will then be asked to enter your registration details, which is your email address and a password. If you have already registered on the website, it will be necessary to sign-in.
- You will only be able to access the Course if you sign-in.
- If you are purchasing the Course for someone else, you will need to forward the access key to the recipient.
- If you lose the access key or the code on the Gift card before you register for the Course, you should email us at LtL.Support@pearson.com with details of your order or your gift. We will then get back to you within 3 working days.
- You must keep your password secure and you are fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place using your account. You must not allow others to use your password and you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your account. If you fail to do so, eg. pass it to others, we may cancel your registration without refund.
- We hope that you will enjoy your Course. However, if you are unhappy with any Course, we may refund you with all or part of the price you paid for the Course. You will need to contact us within 14 days via our support email with your details and the reason you want a refund.
- Some or all of the first unit of our Courses are offered for free. The Terms are valid whether you take the free part of the Course or all of the Course.
- We cannot guarantee and do not promise any specific results from use of the Website or purchase of a Course.
- Courses are designed with the most up-to-date information we have available at the time of writing. However, we do not warrant or represent that the information provided is up-to-date, correct, complete or of quality.
- We strive to ensure that the Website functions properly at all times. However, we do not guarantee uninterrupted access and shall not be liable for transmission downtimes due to technical reasons.
- For providing our service, we use the technologies currently and commonly used in the field. To be able to make full use of the services offered by us, you must likewise use these technologies (e.g. modern browsers, Internet Explorer 7 or greater) or enable their use on your computer (e.g. activate Java Script) and sufficiently fast internet connection (e.g. a broadband connection). If older or not commonly used technologies are used, you might only be able to make limited use of the services provided by us.
- As part of a Course we provide you with an electronic workbook which you can use to record your progress on a Course. You can print or reproduce copies of the workbook that you created during the Course only for your own usage.
Withdrawal and use of courses
- Once issued, access keys are valid for a minimum of 12 months during which time you can access the Course you have purchased at any time.
- Subject to clause 29 we may withdraw any Course that we produce without prior notice, or liability, to you.
- If we provide you with information about the use for which the Courses are designed and about any conditions necessary to ensure that the Courses will be safe, then you must use the Courses accordingly.
- We may immediately suspend or terminate your access to the Website or a Course without notice if any breach of this Contract is brought to our attention.
- Any notice required under these Terms must be in writing. In our case it must be addressed to our registered office or principal place of business or any other address that we notify to you from time to time whether on the Website or otherwise. Any notices to you will be sent to your email address.
- If any of these Terms is held by any competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part then the validity of the other provisions of these Terms and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected and shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Each Contract shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts if there are any disputes between them of any kind.
- The Contract contains the whole agreement between the parties and supersedes all prior agreements, arrangements and understandings between the parties.
- Any and all representations and warranties whether express or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement, whether implied by statute, common law, custom, trade usage, course of dealing or otherwise are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. We do not exclude any liability in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence, liability for our fraud, or any other liability that we cannot exclude by law.
- Failure or neglect by either party to enforce at any time any of these Terms shall not be a waiver of that party's rights and it shall not affect the validity of the whole or any part of these Terms or the Contract or prejudice that party's right to take subsequent action.
- Nothing in these Terms is intended to confer on any third party any benefit or any right to enforce any of these Terms.