How it works
Using the course
Love to learn has been developed with the user in mind. The online courses are designed to engage you in a stimulating and practical environment.
- Accessing a course
- Navigating a course
- Playing videos
- Seeing more information
- Zooming in and out
- Printing pages
- Completing activities
- Using your Workbook
Accessing a course
To experience Love to Learn before you buy, the Try now buttton will take you to the Course Contents. The Course Introduction and Unit 1 buttons take you to the free sample. After purchase, you will see a Go to course button. You will be able to access the course for at least 12 months. To find out more, go to How do I purchase a course?
If you have purchased a course but have not received the course email, check your Junk or Spam email folder. Also, please check that you have not exceeded your email inbox limit as this can prevent emails from reaching you. If you still do not get the email then please contact us.Back to top
Navigating a course
Purchasing the full course gives you access to all units on the left-hand menu which are accessible in any order. When you open a unit, the introductory screen will appear and the menu will expand to show various topics. You can move between topics on the menu, or use buttons at the bottom of each screen. Some topics may have one or more sub-screens/topics.Back to top
For screens with videos or website demonstrations, click the image to play the video (make sure your computer’s sound is switched on!). Video controls are visible when your mouse cursor is over the player. These are your controls:
Click this to start the video. When playing it will change to a pause button.
This shows how long the video lasts and how far through you are. You can click on the timeline bar, or drag the marker, to rewind or fast-forward.
These 7 small bars control the volume. Click the left-hand bars to reduce the volume, and the right-hand bars to increase the volume. You can also use your computer's audio controls.
Use this to switch the high-definition setting on or off.
Click the icon to view the video in full-screen. Click again to return to the normal view. You can press Esc on your keyboard to exit full-screen mode.Back to top
Seeing more information
To make screens clearer, some information has been hidden from immediate view. You will see plus signs that can be clicked to expand the page and show additional information.Back to top
Zooming in and out
If you find the text or photos too small, use your web browser's Zoom feature. Alternatively, on most keyboards, you can zoom by pressing the Ctrl key (or equivalent) and + (plus key). You can then press Ctrl and – (minus key) to zoom out, or Ctrl and 0 (zero) to return to the standard size.Back to top
You are permitted to print pages from the course for your own use. Content may not be distributed to others. Please see the Terms and Conditions for full details.
To print a page from the course, use the print function provided by your browser. Most browsers have a print preview function to see how the page will look before you print. See the help pages of your browser for more details.Back to top
There are activities, questions and review sessions which give you a chance to practise skills or explore ideas further. At the end of each unit a conclusion helps summarise key points.Back to top
Click to answer
Multiple choice, true or false, fill in the blank, or a combination. They provide immediate feedback.
Check your answer
Complete the text-entry box to answer the question then click the Check button for a suggested answer, which you can compare with your own. The suggested answer appears in your Workbook.
A question or statement will be shown, think about a possible response then click the button below to reveal a suggested solution.
Some activities are drag and drop. Use your mouse to click on the item and drag it into position. You will be given immediate feedback and can re-position any items.
Type up your notes
Record your own thoughts and findings for future reference by typing in the boxes provided and clicking the Add to Workbook button. These saved notes will appear in your Workbook and, when signed-in, you can return to the activity screen to view and update them.
Read the question or statement and use your mouse to select the options that you feel are relevant. When you click a button below the list (often called Feedback) your selections will save to your Workbook and some further information will be revealed.Back to top
Using your Workbook
The Workbook can be printed and is your personal record from the course. Activity notes will be saved to the Workbook by clicking on Add to Workbook.
We ask you to register to ensure your workbook is unique to you and secured. You can access your Workbook using the left-hand menu, which contains summary information from the course and suggested answers for certain activities.
“If you skip activities, your Workbook will still show information about them, including the correct or suggested answers. When signed-in, you can return to any note-taking activity screens to add or modify your notes and save them to your Workbook.Back to top
- How do I purchase a course?
- Why have I not received my course email?
- When I come back to the Love to Learn site, how do I get back to my course?
- What if I forget my password?
- What are the minimum system requirements?
- Can I cancel my course purchase?
- Why can't I enter my payment card details using my iPad?
- Why are the videos running slowly?
- Why is the information not displaying correctly?
- Can I call someone?
How do I purchase a course?
- Use the Add to Basket button by your chosen course, then click on Checkout when you are ready to proceed to purchase
- You can only purchase one copy of a course at a time. To buy more than one copy you will have to go through the purchase process again.
- You will be prompted to enter your username and password. If you have not registered before, click on Continue. You will go to the registration page where you can enter your details. Confirm both your email address and password and then click Register.
- Complete the order form and if you have a discount code, enter it in the appropriate field.
- Click Submit and review your order on the next page, then click Submit to confirm.
- Enter your payment card details on the Payment Information screen and click Continue.
- You can only pay with a debit or credit card. We do not take phone orders or accept cash or cheques.
- Click Place order after you have checked the summary of your order.
- You will see a Receipt for your order and receive two emails. The first will summarise your order and payment. The second email will have a link to access the course.
- If you haven’t received the emails check your Junk or Spam email folders. Contact us if you still can’t see them.
- Your card or bank statement will show the transaction as Penguin Books.
How do I purchase a course for someone else?
- To buy a course as a gift, follow the steps as when buying for yourself (see above)
- At the Checkout, indicate that the course is a gift. Make sure you enter the gift recipient’s email address, name and your personal message. The recipient will receive an email with a link to the course and your message.
- On completing the order, you’ll receive two emails. The first email will summarise your order, the second will confirm that it’s a gift.
- If you didn’t enter the recipient’s details, there will be a link in the email you can forward to the gift recipient.
- If you entered the recipient’s email address, you don’t need to do anything else. We’ll email the gift recipient with a link to the course.
How do I purchase a Gift card?
Gift cards are currently available for some of our courses and can only be bought in specific places, but not yet on the Love to Learn website. We hope that we will be able to extend these to all our courses. If you would like more information about this, please contact us by email.Back to top
I've been given a Love to Learn Gift Card, how do I claim my course?
Go to the Gift Card webpage www.lovetolearn.co.uk/gift-card and follow the instructions.
Need any more help? Contact us by email or send us an email at: LTL.email@example.com
Our usual Terms and Conditions apply for a course claimed via a gift card.Back to top
Why have I not received my course email?
- If you have not received the emails check your Junk or Spam email folders.
- Please check that you have not exceeded your email inbox limit. This can prevent emails from reaching you.
- If the above options do not resolve the problem then please contact us.
What if I forget my password?
Click Forgotten your password? on the Sign in screen. Enter your email address in the box then click Reset. You will be sent an email to create a new password.Back to top
When I come back to the Love to Learn site, how do I get back to my course?
All you need to do is sign in (hint: click on the word "Sign In"). Once you login, you will be able to view and access your Course(s) by going to ‘My courses’, and carry on where you left off.Back to top
What are the minimum system requirements?
- Love to Learn courses can only be used with an internet connection (ideally broadband).
We recommend the following browsers (or above):
- Internet Explorer 8
- Mozilla Firefox 4
- Google Chrome 12
- Apple Safari 4.0.5
- Opera 10.10
- If you purchase the course on iPad, we recommend the following version (or above),
- Apple iOS 5.0.1
- The course works on smartphones, but we recommend using a larger screen for maximum enjoyment.
Can I cancel my course purchase?
We can offer refunds depending on circumstance. Please contact us.Back to top
Why can't I enter my payment card details using my iPad?Back to top
Why are the videos running slowly?
This could be due to your connection speed. The courses work best with broadband connections but are not suitable if you have a dial-up line. Please see our recommended minimum system requirements. If the problem persists contact us.Back to top
Why is the information not displaying correctly?Back to top
Can I call someone?
Go to Contact Us and complete the form before sending it to us. We’ll usually reply within 24 hours (during working hours). Include a phone number in your message if you’d prefer us to call you back.Back to top