Grow Your Own Veg
Begin your own organic vegetable patch.
Add to basket £30.00
In partnership with:
What is the course about?
Want to pick your own fresh peas and taste home-grown organic tomatoes? Start from the basics on growing your own vegetables in your own garden or allotment. Learn the important stages and cycles of growing veg, and acquire new skills for sowing and reaping a harvest of fresh, seasonal, organic veg.
Is this the right course for me?
You value the idea of healthy, seasonal, self-sufficient eating and want to start making a difference in an enjoyable, organic way.
Why should I choose this course?
- Learn to grow your own vegetables with this beginner’s course developed with Garden Organic, and supported by The National Allotment Society.
- From planning your plot to harvesting your results, Grow your Own Veg will teach you the basics of growing the most popular vegetables, with lots of practical advice and tips.
- Follow the easy step-by-step process featuring How-to videos with Bob Sherman, your expert tutor and Garden Organic's chief horticultural officer.
How will I learn?
- Start the course at any time of the year as there is always something to do or to plan.
- Get advice and tips from your tutor, Bob Sherman, Garden Organic's chief horticultural officer, and former presenter of Channel 4's gardening programme 'All Muck and Magic'.
- Work at your own pace to suit your gardening needs.
- Enjoy an estimated of 10 to 12 hours of online learning plus your gardening activities.
- Make your own notes in your personal workbook.
- Learn from the comfort of your own home, or out on your patch with a mobile device.
What will I study?
- Course Introduction
- Unit 1: Grow It Yourself
- Unit 2: Planning and Preparing
- Unit 3: Know Your Veg
- Unit 4: Late Winter/Early Spring
- Unit 5: Late Spring/Early Summer
- Unit 6: Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Unit 7: Late Autumn/Early Winter
“Bob is excellent, like a favourite uncle; good tips, I’d feel confident to start.”
“Very good starting point, it gives you confidence to get out and try it, very good instructions and record-keeping tips.”
“I like the bits you can’t do by using a book, the activities and immediate feedback.”
“It’s very clear, easy to follow, and the overall feeling is one of support – there’s not a ‘right or wrong’ tone to the course.”